Friday, December 10, 2010

French Fridays with Dorie: Spiced Butter-Glazed Carrots

As a well-known TV chef might say:  Yum-Oh!  This is a quick, easy, tasty recipe that will surely be part of my regular cooking repertoire.  I used about 1/4 of a large onion.  I had ginger in the freezer (it keeps very well in a zip-loc bag-- just peel as you need it) but no cardamom so I used fresh nutmeg sprinkled on the carrots instead.  We reheated the carrots the next day and though they were much softer they were still very, very tasty.

Can I say, too, that I really appreciate the large format of this book?  It's easy to read and it lays open and flat while on the countertop.  No fussing with trying to hold the cookbook open to the page you need (and no dirty fingerprints on the pages).

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to FFwD! You'll love it here and Dorie's recipes are so tasty!!

    ReplyDelete