Saturday, December 4, 2010

#1 Time to think this through...

I love my job... well, most of the time.  I didn't know what I wanted to do for a very long time but once I did, I worked hard to get where I am today.  Years of college (multiple degrees) then mountains of research, a tenure-track job and now, mid-career, at the halfway point between Ph.D. and retirement.  It's time to reassess, rethink, rebalance.  A virtual tree pose, if you will, so that I'm back upright and not toppled over to the side, spending all of my energy on paperwork, policies and pettiness.  Teaching brings joy and changes; administration does not.

So, an attempt to blog-- for myself, anyway-- about the other things I love.  Reading, traveling, cooking... maybe even some thinking.  Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment