Friday, January 21, 2011

FFwD: Double Chocolate Mousse Cake

Note to self:  read Q & A before attempting recipe rather than while cake is baking.  Problem:  ooze.  Had I read the Q & A, I would have seen that Dorie took the time to read our posts and advise using the bottom of the springform pan.  Also: it's definitely time to go to the kitchen store and get an 8" springform pan. My cake oozed, burned and was very, very flat (though I was expecting a flattish cake since that's how my French friend, Dominique's chocolate cake always turns out).

Nonetheless, though it's not a "company cake" (it's only fit for family), once I took it out of the pan, it looked pretty good (if one ignores its pancake-like appearance).  We ate it warm since it seemed like a little too much work to wait overnight for a burned cake.

It was delish.

And, since my chocolate bar was a full 16 ounces, I can try 3 more times without buying more ingredients... though that might mess up some of those New Year's resolutions!

1 comment:

  1. I used an 8 inch springform. I think it's a good investment, as there are a lot of recipes that call for it in AMFT. I'm glad you've got lots of supplies for further experimentation!

    ReplyDelete